Friday, June 10, 2011

This Is Gonna Hurt- PT 3



In part 3, James, DJ and Nikki really get into their views and experiences on judgements and perceptions of beauty. This also features Amy, who I was fortunate to get to know throughout this process. You will see some of the photographs we created..and the wig/body paint that went into her transformation.

I think it's deeply important that each one of us, at some point, look within ourselves to see our own judgements of people and our definition of real beauty. Is it my definition or did I swallow the lies that were fed to me? If we can move past our judgements and look with fresh eyes on what we see, then beauty will blossom for us all on it's own. But we have to be willing to look at the dark,hidden side of ourselves. This takes brutal honesty and guts...

"Are you with me?"